CheapInsurance 's views
USAA or United States Automobile Association is an insurance company that offers many different varieties of insurance products, including auto insurance. It is an insurance company that takes pride in serving our armed forces, including those who have retired or have a family member who served.
USAA Auto Insurance Policies
USAA is known for offering insurance products to those who serve in the armed forces. Their dedication to this segment of the population is what sets them apart from others. They offer low premium costs and offer discounts that can bring the cost down even more.
USAA Potential Discounts
USAA offers a variety of discounts to bring the premiums down even further. These four are the most common discounts offered by USAA. These include:
- Safe Driver Discount - offers a discount for no accidents within a 5-year period.
- Defensive Driving Discount - offered to drivers who take an approved defensive driving course.
- Driver Training Discount - offered to drivers 21 and under who take an approved driver training course.
- Good Student Discount - offered to students who maintain good grades.
- Vehicle Discounts - offered for many safety features on vehicles, as well as vehicle storage discounts and multi-vehicle discounts.
USAA Customer Service
The customer service record of USAA is outstanding. According to the 2014 Forrester Research, Inc. report, they rank in the top 3 financial institutions for customer advocacy. Their top of the line website offers many different tools for customers, including paying your bill online, checking claim status, getting quotes, and more.
USAA Auto Insurance History
The beginnings of USAA go back to 1922 when 25 Army officers pooled their money togetherto insure each other's vehicles when no one else would. These humble beginnings spread to cover millions of members of the Armed Forces and their special needs and situations.
Why Should I Choose USAA Auto Insurance?
USAA is a company that is open to U.S. military service members, veterans that had an honorable discharge, and eligible family members. They offer benefits that fit the needs and situations that active-duty and deployed members have, which is unlike other insurance companies. Some pros and cons of USAA include:
- Fits the specific needs of deployed and active duty service members
- Offers discounts that fit the needs of these members
- Great customer service record
- Website is easy to navigate and use
- Offers auto insurance premiums that are difficult to beat by other insurance companies
- No brick and mortar facilities
USAA seems to be a great choice for anyone who has served or is serving in the military for their auto insurance company. If you qualify, you may want to get a quote and see if they offer better rates than what you have currently.